It’s no secret here at AYA HQ that we love a good dry shampoo to refresh our strands after a workout session.
Dry shampoo helps to clear away sweat and oil from the scalp, so we can look as good as we feel après sweat.
Read on to grab our best tips and see why we keep dry shampoo in our arsenal of gym bag must-haves.
- As the name suggests, dry shampoo should be used on dry hair. Keeping this in mind, it’s best to use dry shampoo on roots before your workout. Spray a little bit on to the crown and back of your head, tousle with fingers, and you’re ready to get your heart rate up.
- If you’re just a bit dewy from your workout, it’s safe to spray some dry shampoo right away as you’re leaving the gym to your next appointment. That way, you get the oil-absorption and fragrance refresh benefits until you can wash your hair.
- If you’ve sweat more during an intense workout, you can opt to blast your roots with a little heat from a blow dryer to dry them before you apply dry shampoo.
Image via @abigailnora.
Here are some tried-and-tested dry shampoo favorites we love:
- Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam - "The words 'dry' and 'foam' seemingly should not go together, but with some sort of product wizardry, this dry shampoo leaves my hair completely dry, oil-free, and smells aaaah-mazing." @whoisapneet $28
- R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo - "I have fine, highlighted hair so I really can't wash it every day. This dry shampoo is light, doesn't weigh my hair down and smells so good. I prefer to buy the travel size version so I can keep it in the office and in my gym bag for whenever I need it." @iamtatycastro $18
- Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo - "It leaves a nice, yet not-too-strong smell, and does not leave your hair white at the roots. It's long lasting and a great product at the price point." Jess $6